Friday, December 24, 2010

My introduction

Ok, so I decided to jump on the band wagon and create a blog. I am not a very good writer and can't spell worth a damn (thank god for spell check) but I figured I would at least try it out, so here goes.... My name is Robyn. I am 28 years old and have a 7 year old son named Liam. My boyfriend of almost 2 years, Brian lives with us as well. Brian has been my rock through all that life has handed us and I don't think I could of done it with out him.

 So as of November 12th 2010 i can finally call myself a previvor. In May 2010 I tested positive for the BRCA1 gene. And on November 12th 2010   I underwent a PBM (prophylactic bilateral mastectomy) I am in the process now of having breast reconstruction with expanders.  The past 2 years have been very rough for me but I have pulled through and I am even stronger than i started. Both my mother and Brian's battled breast cancer at the same time. My mom was diagnosed with her 2nd occurrence in November 2008, she was diagnosed with stage IV triple negative breast cancer with mets to her pancreas. Her cancer eventually spread to her liver and her brain and she passed away February 11th 2010. She was 62 years old.
Brian's mother was diagnosed in January 2009 with stage I breast cancer. She finished up all her treatments in march 2010 and is doing absolutely wonderful. Brian and I participate in the Susan G. Komen 3 day for the cure. We walk for our mothers because they were not able too. I am on here because I would love to meet more people my age that know what I am going through. I am also here to help people who are still weighing their decisions. I also just started a video blog on You tube  showing everyone my journey as it happens. look forward to meeting you all

Follow me n my journey to recovery~~~>http://www.youtube.com/user/shorty0216

No comments: